Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Reverse Culture Shock-- Readjusting to life in the USA

I am starting to feel really sad about my time here in Sevilla ending, and stressed about this coming semester. I can't wait to see my family-- I have missed them so so much!-- but I can't help but worry about a few things...

1. My classes next semester-- welp, back to reality, folks. These past three months, it was like my classes were a break from my trips, not the other way around. Not to mention that I had little to no homework, one less class than normal because of my internship, and no science classes and/or labs. I think it's safe to say this wasn't my hardest semester yet...Plus, next semester is when all my pre-med stuff starts (applying to schools, taking the MCAT, etc...). Scary.

2. I'll be lonely-- so many of my friends, and my best friend, are studying abroad next semester. What ever will I do?! Make new friends of course, but I'll still miss them tons.

3. The weather-- while there are still highs of 70 over here in Sevilla, my sister had a snow day today... talk about a climate change. 

4. No more siestas-- pretty self-explanatory. And the schedule change in general. 

5. Forgetting what I learned-- I spent so much time this semester practicing and improving my Spanish, and it worked! This program has worked wonders for me in terms of Spanish skills. However, when I am not forced to use the language 24/7 next semester, won't I forget a lot? You know what they say, use it or lose it. I'm gonna try to talk a lot with my lovely Venezuelan roommate, Michelle!

6. Losing touch with all of the great people I've met here. 

7. People not understanding my experience-- I know as soon as I get back, people will ask me all about my trip. I am already frustrated because I know that I will have no idea how to explain it. How do you explain a different culture and three months worth of adventures? Some things you really do need to see to understand. ERGH! Haha. 

I can't wait to see my family, but it's such a roller coaster of emotions over here on Calle Doctor Gabriel Sanchez de la Cuesta. It's always sad to say goodbye. I guess that's why we have to say "see you later" instead...

1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    Its very good blog, it provides lots of information on the !..........Study Abroad in Germany and Study Abroad.... https://www.mapmystudy.com/studyabroad/study-in-germany/

    ReplyDelete