Monday, October 7, 2013

Pretty much the best thing that happens when you're away from home...

I got a surprise care package today from my Aunt Amy, Uncle Jim, Mom, Dad, and sister Steph. Just what I needed (not only for a little bit of home, but because I left a few important things in the USA, too...).

Package included: Baked goods (homemade AND tastykakes),
peanut butter (very hard to come by over here), candy, nail polish, those cool new hairties
that everyone seems to have, clothes I forgot, a gift for my host family, and my favorite fall jacket :)  
I think it's safe to say that 1. That so-called Sevilla diet that I had talked about before is out the window; that 2. I'm totally fine with it; and that 3. It's gonna be a great week.

I offered some cookies to my host parents Sarah and Pedro. It's so funny that they are unfamiliar with peanut butter-- my mom made peanut butter kiss cookies and they were very confused when they saw them.

Aunt Amy-- if you read this-- you are the best! Love ya.






No comments:

Post a Comment